Obama himself introduced global tax bill in 2007 under UN auspices
Paul Joseph Watson
Monday, February 13, 2012
Director of the White House’s national economic council Gary Sperling’s announcement that a plan for a “global minimum tax” is in the works continues the efforts of Barack Obama himself to oversee a massive transfer of wealth under the auspices of the UN.
The call also echoes similar rhetoric out of the United Nations which recently announced an agenda to impose a world tax on all financial transactions to “help the poor”.
“We need a global minimum tax so that people have the assurance that nobody is escaping doing their fair share as part of a race to the bottom or having our tax code actually subsidized and facilitate people moving their funds to tax havens,” Sperling said today at an official meeting.
He added that more details about the proposal would be forthcoming before the end of the month.
The fact that President Barack Obama’s economic advisors are now pushing a global tax should not be a surprise given the fact that Obama himself introduced a bill when he was in the Senate, the Global Poverty Act of 2007, which would have committed 0.7% of America’s gross national product, or an additional $845 billion over 13 years in addition to existing foreign aid expenditures, for the purposes of “reducing global poverty.”
Obama’s bill was introduced with the aim of satisfying the “[U.N.] Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.”
The UN has also invoked the plight of the world’s poor in its bid to establish a system of global taxation.
The Commission on Social Development met earlier this month at UN headquarters in New York to advance the agenda for a world tax imposed on all financial transactions to fund a global model of social services that will provide “needy people” with a basic income, free healthcare, education and housing.
According to the report, the new global tax is designed to be a progressive scale, with higher earners paying more to help provide “all needy people with a basic income, healthcare, education and housing.”
The Obama administration’s plans for a global tax are in complete synergy with the United Nations agenda to achieve the same objective, which as a chilling 2010 UN blueprint made clear, revolved around a $45 trillion transfer of wealth from richer countries as part of a process that would enable the United Nations to build a structure of global governance in pursuit of a “Green World Order,” while lowering living standards in the west.
The timeline by which this goal had to be accomplished was June 2012, the date of the UN’s World Summit on Sustainable Development in Rio, which will mark the 20th anniversary since the notorious “Earth Summit” held in the same city.
Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a regular fill-in host for The Alex Jones Show and Infowars Nightly News.
- Buchanan: Climate Bill Is Transfer Of Wealth To World Government
- UN Treaty Creates Globalist Wealth Transfer Agencies
- Financial Meltdown: The Greatest Transfer of Wealth in History
- World Bank President Admits Agenda For Global Government
- UN & IMF Back Agenda For Global Financial Dictatorship
- Obama Science Czar Called for Carbon Tax to Redistribute Wealth from Global ‘North’ to ‘South’
- Gadahn Call for Gun Violence Merges With Obama’s “Under the Radar” Anti-gun Agenda
- Obama-backed plan volunteers Americans to pay global taxes
- Joe Biden on Taxes: You Call It ‘Redistribution of Wealth,’ I Call It ‘Just Being Fair.’
- Eco-Fascists Call For Tyranny To Enforce Draconian Agenda
- OWS Call for “Global Governance”
- Agenda 21 Alert: Obama’s $250 Million Plan to Brainwash Your Children